Certified General Journey Level Electrician
Install, repair and maintain electrical installations and systems in a safe manner primarily in a heavy industrial environment which consists of ready-mix concrete batch plants and aggregate production equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures, apparatus and systems throughout the company primarily in an industrial environment.
- Install, connect and repair line and low voltage power supply wiring, cables, conduit, electrical fixtures/apparatus, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment in new and existing facilities following electrical code, manuals and specifications, schematics and designed plans.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, control panels, etc.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader and conduit bender.
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines, OSHA, MSHA, L&I and other jurisdictional agencies as may be required.
- Coordinate with contractors, suppliers and vendors as may be necessary to successfully fulfill job duties.
- Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely; report any issues to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a positive, respectful working relationship and communicate effectively with customers, ownership and all company employees.
- Manage a small crew of electrical trainees.
- Apply for and obtain electrical permits when necessary.
- Submit required regulatory agency reports as may be required.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Job Skills and Requirements:
- An understanding of ready-mix batch plant operations and aggregate production facilities is highly desired.
- A self-starter who will 1) maintain a positive attitude, 2) be a coach and mentor while working as a member of a team and the ability to promote the benefits of working together as a team, 3) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision, 4) manage time wisely, 5) multi-task, prioritize and sustain focus, 6) meet a deadline, and 7) be held accountable.
- Be honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Demonstrate a high aptitude towards problem solving.
- Experience in working with MSHA/OSHA/L&I rules and requirements.
- Proficiency with the National Electrical Code and local codes.
- Valid state driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- A valid State of Washington Electrician License.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years increasing experience in the electrical field associated with the production of aggregates & ready-mix concrete is preferred.
- In lieu of experience in the aggregates & ready-mix concrete industries, an equivalent combination of increasingly responsible, equivalent work experience, education and training, preferably in industrial or construction environments, which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
The Miles Group of Companies includes Miles Sand & Gravel Company and Miles Resources, LLC. Miles Sand & Gravel Company is a 4th generation, family owned producer of aggregates and ready-mix concrete for the construction industry. Miles Resources, LLC is a general contractor specializing in civil construction and asphalt paving. Our corporate office is located in Puyallup, WA with facilities in western WA – from the Canadian border to Tenino. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free company. We have an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and retirement plan. Please type “journey.electric” in the subject line of email replies.
Email/Fax resumes to or apply in person:
Miles Sand & Gravel Company (Main Office)
400 Valley Ave NE
Puyallup, WA 98372
Fax – 253.444.0744