Fleet Maintenance Administrator
The Miles Group of Companies is looking for a Fleet Maintenance Administrator. This person will provide administrative support functions, be responsible for maintaining, organizing and improving fleet data and records including but not limited to, reviewing and suggesting improvements to maintenance processes, queries and reports, training support personnel and managing the maintenance management software.
The ideal candidate should be capable of the following essential tasks;
- Ensure fleet records and data are in optimal condition.
- Set up and modify PMs and individual inspection schedules for all new and existing vehicles.
- Track fuel and other important records.
- Renew vehicle licenses as required.
- Review work orders for accuracy and completeness and review closed work orders for labor, parts and notes.
- Recognize, evaluate and problem solve discrepancies in information.
- Review maintenance procedures and processes and actively participate in process improvement and optimize the flow of work.
- Oversee the data in and data out of maintenance management software.
- Identify and coordinate maintenance management software training.
- Develop ad hoc queries and customized reports.
- Work with internal departments to develop dashboards and metrics.
- Customize screens and menus in the maintenance management software as needed.
- Administer all of the lookup tables (parts, inspection types, equipment classes, equipment types, delay codes, etc.).
- Review and reconcile fleet purchase orders, invoices, etc. to ensure timely payment processing.
- Coordinate maintenance management software “End of Year/Beginning of Year” process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes;
- Experienced user with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of fleet maintenance and operations.
- Proficiency working with maintenance management software (assets, class codes, repair codes, preventive maintenance, work pending, repair orders, warranty, campaigns and reporting).
- Ability to evaluate trends in fleet management software and develop standard processes for equipment utilization and maintenance planning.
- Compile and prepare on-going and ad hoc statistical data, records, and reports.
- Critical thinking – ask the right questions, separate facts from assumptions and determine relevant facts in the decision making process.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with high aptitude of problem solving skills.
- Comfortable interacting at multiple levels – from drivers, operators, mechanics, sales, marketing, dispatch to the company president.
- A self-starter who will 1) maintain a positive attitude, 2) be a coach and mentor while working as a member of a team and the ability to promote the benefits of working together as a team, 3) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision, 4) manage time wisely, 5) multi-task, prioritize and sustain focus, 6) meet a deadline, and 7) be held accountable.
- Be honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Excellent driving record
Required Education and/or Experience
- An Associate’s degree in fleet maintenance or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of increasing experience in fleet maintenance is preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of increasingly equivalent work experience, education and training, preferably in fleet maintenance, which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
The Miles Group of Companies includes Miles Sand & Gravel Company and Miles Resources, LLC Miles Sand & Gravel is a 4th generation, family owned producer of aggregates and ready-mix concrete for the construction industry. Miles Resources, LLC is a general contractor specializing in civil construction and asphalt paving. Our corporate office is located in Puyallup, WA with facilities in western Washington – from the Canadian border to Tenino. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free Company. We have an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and retirement plan. Please type “Fleet.Maint.Admin.” in the subject line of email replies.
Email/Fax resumes to or apply in person:
Miles Sand & Gravel Company (Main Office)
400 Valley Ave NE
Puyallup, WA 98372
Fax – 253.444.0744