Fleet Parts Coordinator (Storekeeper)
The Miles Group of Companies is looking for a Fleet Parts Coordinator (Storekeeper). This person will provide effective and timely control of inventory and for ordering, issuing, shipping, receiving, resolving inventory discrepancies, billing, maintaining manual and automated records of inventory, and stocking of parts, shop supplies, and materials. Work also includes operating material handling equipment, forklifts, vehicles and other equipment.
The ideal candidate should be capable of the following essential tasks;
- Order, receive, inspect, store and issue a wide variety of inventory for automotive, heavy-duty equipment, yellow iron, and facility repair and maintenance.
- Pick-up and deliver parts and supplies to other locations as required.
- Helps determine sources for parts, availability and costs.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels through cost effective parts control; maintain manual and automated processes to accurately maintain equipment and vehicle maintenance and inventory database systems; prepare, distribute and maintain material documents.
- Process all stages of inventory lifecycle including processing parts returns, sale, or surplus; research inventory needs, prepare and stock parts and ship to designated locations; conduct periodic inventory cycle counts and spot checks.
- Research unusual and/or hard to find parts, accessories and supplies; assist mechanics and other employees in identifying and obtaining required parts, components, and supplies.
- Request parts transfers between storerooms to replenish inventory; order special parts from vendors in emergencies when parts are not available internally.
- Check incoming parts against packing slips, bills of lading, purchase orders and delivery receipts; enter parts into inventory databases; charge inventory items to appropriate cost centers.
- Prepare appropriate storage space for incoming parts. Load and unload parts and replenish storerooms using a variety of warehouse equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Perform special projects as requested including researching cost estimates, order-to-ship times, minimum and maximum order points, and new product evaluation in terms of price, quality, warranty and delivery; prepare and assemble parts kits for services and future distribution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes;
- Experienced user with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of fleet maintenance and operations.
- Proficiency working with maintenance management software (assets, class codes, repair codes, preventive maintenance, work pending, repair orders, warranty, campaigns and reporting).
- Ability to evaluate trends in fleet management software and develop standard processes for ordering, inventorying, stocking, and evaluating parts.
- Compile and prepare on-going inventory levels, number of days in inventory, and obsolete parts reports.
- Critical thinking – ask the right questions, separate facts from assumptions and determine relevant facts in the decision making process.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Comfortable interacting at multiple levels – from mechanics, supervisors, drivers, operators, vendors, dispatch to the company president.
- A self-starter who will 1) maintain a positive attitude, 2) be a coach and mentor while working as a member of a team and the ability to promote the benefits of working together as a team, 3) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision, 4) manage time wisely, 5) multi-task, prioritize and sustain focus, 6) meet a deadline, and 7) be held accountable.
- Be honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 10 pounds constantly.
- Excellent driving record.
Required Education and/or Experience
Minimum education required is a high school diploma, GED or equivalent. AAS Degree in Parts Management or related field is preferred. Previous job experience required should include a minimum of two (2) years’ Parts/Storekeeper experience. Basic computer experience (Microsoft Office Suite) is required. Must have and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license.
The Miles Group of Companies includes Miles Sand & Gravel Company and Miles Resources, LLC Miles Sand & Gravel is a 4th generation, family owned producer of aggregates and ready-mix concrete for the construction industry. Miles Resources, LLC is a general contractor specializing in civil construction and asphalt paving. Our corporate office is located in Puyallup, WA with facilities in western Washington – from the Canadian border to Tenino. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free Company. We have an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and retirement plan. Please type “Storekeeper” in the subject line of email replies.
Email/Fax resumes to:
Miles Sand & Gravel Company
Fax – 253.444.0744