Ready Mix Plant and Driver Manager
Miles Sand & Gravel Company is seeking a Ready Mix Plant and Driver Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily Ready Mix plant operations, truck drivers and associated staff for assigned plants.
The ideal candidate should be capable of performing the following essential tasks;
- Hire, train and manage ready mix and dump truck drivers, loader operators and batch personnel. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating and monitoring workload, proper reporting, assisting with coordinating plant activities and assuring adherence to all company policies.
- Supervise and motivate employees towards accomplishing company goals and objectives. Assist sales and dispatch in scheduling deliveries, providing high quality products and excellent customer service.
- Oversee all plant operations. Coordinate and monitor daily workload throughout the plants, which includes maintaining a clean and safe work environment and ensuring adequate levels of all supplies and products.
- Maintain safety procedures at all times and comply with the regulations of all jurisdictional authorities (MSHA, OSHA, DOE, EPA, County, State, etc.)
- Ensure plants, equipment and vehicles continually remain in safe and efficient operating condition. Monitor all preventative and regular maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Observe travel of all loads and take appropriate action to avoid injuries and damage.
- Review jobsites with customers and employees to assure safe and efficient operations.
Job Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills & attributes;
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking – ask the right questions, separate facts from assumptions and determine relevant facts in the decision making process.
- Excellent negotiating, planning, scheduling, logistical and conflict resolution skills.
- Comfortable interacting at multiple levels – from drivers, operators, mechanics, sales, marketing, dispatch to the general manager.
- A general understanding of fleet vehicle and equipment systems, technology and specifications.
- Technical expertise associated with supplying, producing/manufacturing and transporting goods to the marketplace.
- A self-starter who will 1) maintain a positive attitude, 2) be a coach and mentor while working as a member of a team, 3) evaluate employee potential and assist with their education and growth, 4) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision, 5) manage time wisely, 6) multi-task, prioritize and sustain focus, 7) meet a deadline, and 8) be held accountable.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of ready mix batch plants and concrete properties.
- Clean and insurable driving record. CDL license and DOT medical card are preferred.
- Successfully supervise and oversee the work of others.
- Be honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
Required Education and/or Experience;
- A 2-year Associate’s degree or 4-year degree in Business, CIM – Concrete Industry Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Operations Management or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of increasing managerial experience in the Ready-Mix industry is preferred. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of increasingly responsible relevant work experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
The Miles Group of Companies includes Miles Sand & Gravel Company and Miles Resources, LLC. Miles Sand & Gravel Company is a 4th generation, family owned producer of aggregates and ready-mix concrete for the construction industry. Miles Resources, LLC is a general contractor specializing in civil construction and asphalt paving. Our corporate office is located in Puyallup, WA with facilities in western WA – from the Canadian border to Tenino. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free company. We have an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and retirement plan. Please type rm.plant.driver.mgr in the subject line of your email reply.
Email/Fax resumes to or apply in person:
Miles Sand & Gravel Company (Main Office)
663 Pease Rd
Burlington, WA 98233
Fax – 253.444.0744