Miles Sand & Gravel Company is seeking an experienced Shop/Facility Manager. The successful candidate will supervise a shop that performs maintenance, repairs, and fabrication on heavy, ready-mix and aggregate equipment. The Shop/Facility Manager will also be responsible for overseeing all facilities and grounds maintenance, and utilizing the maintenance management software.
The ideal candidate should be capable of the following essential tasks;
- Plan, organize, schedule and direct day-to-day operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work with shop personnel and managers regarding scheduling and quality control to meet or exceed expectations and due dates while managing rush or priority requests.
- Establish and uphold repair and maintenance standards.
- Inspect facilities periodically, schedule maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance and fabrication activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing employees.
- Oversee the maintenance of tools and the work place so conditions are kept neat and orderly.
- Review work orders for accuracy and completeness and review closed work orders for labor, parts and notes.
- Review and reconcile purchase orders, invoices, etc. to ensure timely payment processing.
- Assist with establishing annual budgets.
- Assist with selection of new hires through the interview process including evaluating, training and coaching personnel.
- Promote, adhere to and enforce company safety standards, measures and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes;
- Must have knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and standard practices related to the maintenance of heavy equipment and the maintenance, fabrication and procurement of parts and equipment associated with ready-mix and aggregate production.
- High level understanding of ready-mix and aggregate production equipment including repairs, maintenance and operations.
- Knowledge of gas and diesel engines, hydraulics, pneumatic systems, welding and fabrication of parts and tools.
- The ability to read diagrams, schematics, design/shop drawings and reference manuals.
- Strong communication, organizational, planning, scheduling, and inventory skills.
- Experienced user with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Critical thinking – ask the right questions, separate facts from assumptions and determine relevant facts in the decision making process.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with high aptitude for problem solving.
- Comfortable interacting at multiple levels – from drivers, operators, mechanics, managers, sales, marketing, dispatch to the company president.
- A self-starter who will 1) maintain a positive attitude, 2) be a coach and mentor while working as a member of a team and the ability to promote the benefits of working together as a team, 3) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision, 4) manage time wisely, 5) multi-task, prioritize and sustain focus, 6) meet a deadline, and 7) be accountable.
- Be honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Excellent driving record.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ increasingly responsible work experience in diesel mechanics, hydraulics, mechanical, electrical, welding, supervision and leadership skills, or equivalent experience which will allow the successful completion of the essential tasks.
- Associates Degree is preferred or equivalent education and experience.
The Miles Group of Companies includes Miles Sand & Gravel Company and Miles Resources, LLC Miles Sand & Gravel is a 4th generation, family owned producer of aggregates and ready-mix concrete for the construction industry. Miles Resources, LLC is a general contractor specializing in civil construction and asphalt paving. Our corporate office is located in Puyallup, WA with facilities in western Washington – from the Canadian border to Tenino. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free Company. We have an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and retirement plan. Please type “Shop.Manager” in the subject line of email replies.
Email/Fax resumes to:
Miles Sand & Gravel Company
Fax – 253.444.0744