Miles Sand & Gravel Company is seeking an experienced Dispatcher to oversee efficient and effective scheduling for its first-class fleet! Join a well-respected, established, long term, exceptional quality, 4th generation family owned business that values employees, customers and community. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Dispatch Manager.
- Work in all aspects of dispatch including aggregates, ready-mix and intercompany transport of various types of equipment and materials.
- Answer phones, quote and enter orders, recommend products for various applications.
- Coordinate and schedule personnel and equipment while ensuring customer satisfaction and company efficiency.
- Ensure the company’s fleet of vehicles are continually operating in an efficient manner utilizing existing systems and technology.
- Schedule pilot vehicles as may be necessary to accommodate oversize loads.
- Train as a certified weighmaster for various scales.
- Relay directions and order information clearly and accurately.
- Timely completion of day to day office tasks such as data entry, misc. paperwork, filing etc.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to supervisors and managers in an effort to continually improve operations.
- Flexible and have the ability to work some weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Outstanding communication skills and a strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally via telephone, email and in-person. Have the ability to listen, speak plainly and communicate effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills are a necessity.
- A self-starter who can 1) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision 2) work as a member of a team 3) manage their time wisely 4) multi-task in a fast paced environment 5) meet a deadline 6) be accountable and 7) have a “can do” attitude.
- Have the ability to solve problems, prioritize the most important situations, think quickly on your feet and apply solutions to minimize future disruptions.
- Possess the ability to keep calm during stressful situations.
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and great recall skills.
- Dependable and have an outstanding attendance record.
- Reliable transportation and the willingness to travel to various locations to fill-in for employees who are sick, on vacation, etc.
- Flexible and have the ability to work some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, 10-key, basic math skills.
Required Education and/or Experience;
- 3-5 years of increasing experience in the Transportation/Logistics industry is preferred. Experience with transporting aggregates and/or ready-mix is highly desired.
- Knowledgeable in Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
Company offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and retirement plan.