The Miles Group of Companies is seeking a security-minded individual to oversee the protection of people, property and the environment entrusted to one of Puget Sound’s largest private land owners. Be a part of the solution ensuring the longevity of precious local resources to include our employees, the public, company property, the neighbors and the greater community. The successful candidate will report directly to the Corporate Programs Manager.
- Work closely with Operations, Facilities, IT, Fleet and Maintenance departments to ensure effective implementation and management of asset protection solutions for over 40 properties spanning 11 counties in Western Washington.
- Oversee all types of alarm systems (building, stationary, portable, video, etc.) to ensure asset protection at all locations.
- Work with established vendors, key stakeholders and local site teams.
- Be instrumental in identifying and coordinating the execution of a comprehensive plan for security.
- Create and oversee a maintenance plan for the ongoing function and testing of all security protocols as people, properties and assets evolve over time.
- Educate and train employees on systems use, protocols and best practices.
- Maintain relevant documentation including, but not limited to working closely with various monitoring and emergency response resources in order to maintain accurate joint records.
- Oversee and coordinate frequent, reliable testing of systems in conjunction with meeting all expectations for monitoring and emergency response.
- Related, and as may be necessary, assist 1) with non-security camera systems, 2) IT staff with mission critical field hardware troubleshooting including installations, upgrades and replacements, 3) by delivering parts and supplies while traveling to various locations.
- Maintain knowledge of security and industry relevant developments and issues by seeking continuing education opportunities.
- Some weekend and evening hours are required in order to maintain continuity of system installation and maintenance. Typically, this role does not require real-time alarm response.
- A company vehicle, cell phone and laptop will be provided.
- Be a champion for the company and ensure that company goals are being achieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to teach, train and mentor personnel on the operation of security systems.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Have the ability to solve problems, prioritize the most important situations, think quickly on your feet and apply solutions to minimize future disruptions.
- Outstanding communication skills and a strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally via telephone, email and in-person. Have the ability to listen, speak plainly and communicate effectively.
- Create and maintain good relationships with management, employees and external customers.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Friendly, approachable, dedicated and service-oriented.
- The ability to function in an office environment as well as the Company’s industrial environment including outdoor weather conditions.
- Possess the ability to keep calm during stressful situations.
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and great recall skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively to the Company’s various sites and project locations. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Flexible and have the ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Document maintenance, repairs and problems as they arise.
- Strong technology skills and demonstrate proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to easily carry 50 pounds, climb long vertical ladders and enter tight or confining spaces.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and some power tools (including low voltage wiring testing and termination – tools to be provided).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
- A self-starter who can 1) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision 2) work as a member of a team 3) manage their time wisely 4) multi-task in a fast paced environment 5) meet a deadline 6) be accountable and 7) have a “can do” attitude.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Law Enforcement, First Response, Military (MP) and/or Security experience is highly desired.
- BA or AAS in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or similar is preferred but not essential.
- Extensive alarm or camera system experience would be valuable.
The Miles Group of Companies includes Miles Sand & Gravel Company and Miles Resources, LLC. Miles Sand & Gravel Company is a 4th generation, family owned producer of aggregates and ready-mix concrete for the construction industry. Miles Resources, LLC is a general contractor specializing in civil construction and asphalt paving. Our corporate office is located in Puyallup, WA with facilities in western WA – from the Canadian border to Tenino. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free company. We have an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and retirement plan. Please type “sec.coord.miles.rocks” in the subject line of your email reply.
Email/Fax resumes to:
Miles Sand & Gravel Company
Fax – 253.444.0744