Technical Services (QC) Manager
Miles Sand & Gravel Company is seeking an experienced Technical Services (QC) Manager to plan, coordinate and direct the aggregate and ready mix quality control programs to ensure the continuous production of high quality products consistent with established standards. Join a well-respected, established, long term, exceptional quality, 4th generation family owned business that values employees, customers and community.
- Be competent and proficient in the aggregate and ready mix production processes including, but not limited to plant hardware, plant procedures and the numerous systems associated with plant operations.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Review, evaluate and improve company programs that track and test all performance.
- Maintain, develop and enhance the company’s quality control programs and objectives and coordinate quality control training programs.
- Coordinate objective with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability, increase efficiency and minimize costs.
- Manage, lead, train, coordinate, schedule and organize quality control personnel on a day to day basis to ensure the needs of the company and the customer are being satisfied.
- Ensure proper procedures and techniques are being followed to meet or exceed company and customer expectations.
- Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to product knowledge, quality, and reliability.
- Comply with company safety rules and regulations including, but not limited to the use, of proper safety equipment at all times as may be required and be a leader and good example for others.
- Investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality in order to maintain positive customer relations.
- Develop and maintain mix optimization to ensure mixes are economical, feasible and profitable.
- Maintain knowledge of industry relevant issues by seeking continuing education opportunities.
- Champion the company to employees, customers and the community by participating in company sponsored events and activities.
- Work closely with sales staff to compile and present product submittals and submit materials for testing and qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure that company goals are being achieved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Outstanding communication skills and a strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally via telephone, email and in-person. Have the ability to listen, speak plainly and communicate effectively.
- Ability to complete and follow-up on tasks in a timely manner and see them through to completion.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to promote the benefits of working together as a team.
- The ability to function in an office environment as well as the Company’s industrial environment including outdoor weather conditions.
- Comfortable interacting at multiple levels – from customers to drivers, operators, mechanics, sales, marketing, dispatch to the company president.
- Critical thinking – ask the right questions, separate facts from assumptions and determine relevant facts in the decision making process.
- A self-starter who can 1) work independently, diligently and responsibly with minimal supervision 2) work as a member of a team 3) manage their time wisely 4) multi-task in a fast paced environment 5) meet a deadline 6) be accountable and 7) have a “can do” attitude.
- Have the ability to solve problems, prioritize the most important situations, think quickly on your feet and apply solutions to minimize future disruptions.
- Possess the ability to keep calm during stressful situations.
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and great recall skills.
- Dependable and have an outstanding attendance record.
- Willingness to travel to the Company’s various locations and customer projects in western WA.
- Flexible and have the ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Honest, responsible and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Strong technology and math skills and demonstrate proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Capable of walking, sitting, lifting (up to 100 lbs.), pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree for extended periods of time.
- An excellent driving record.
Required Education, Certifications and/or Experience;
- An AA degree in business, concrete technology or an industrial related field is highly desired and preferred. In lieu of a degree, relevant work experience may be considered.
- 4 to 10 years of increasing aggregate production and/or ready-mix industry experience in a supervisory capacity in a quality control department is highly desired and preferred.
- Thorough understanding of ASTM and ACI standards including expert knowledge of ACI-121.
- NRMCA Level III certification.
The Miles Group of Companies includes Miles Sand & Gravel Company and Miles Resources, LLC. Miles Sand & Gravel Company is a 4th generation, family owned producer of aggregates and ready-mix concrete for the construction industry. Miles Resources, LLC is a general contractor specializing in civil construction and asphalt paving. Our corporate office is located in Puyallup, WA with facilities in western WA – from the Canadian border to Tenino. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free company. We have an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and retirement plan. Please type “techsvcs.miles.rocks” in the subject line of your email reply.
Email/Fax resumes to:
Miles Sand & Gravel Company
Fax – 253.444.0744